Together with Luca Barbeni and Antonio Rollo, we created an immersive poetic environment. A peaceful place on the internet. Different environment expressed through internet technologies and interaction The project aim was to become a series of installation collected in real spaces, enjoied by real people. The project was shown and reviewed by festival, museums and media all around the world.
Reviewed by Liberation (major newspaper in France) as the future of online cinema. Part of “Future Cinema” exhibition at ZKM Karlsruhe, Gemany.
Island.8081 was rewieved by many important newspaper and media as: Liberation, Le Monde (France), El Pais, El Mundo (Spain), Britannica online, Coolsiteoftheday.com, Bitscreen (USA) and many others.
Island.8081 has been presented in various festivals including:
– ZKM: FutureCinema The Cinematic Imaginary after Film. Karlsruhe, Germany, 2002
– ARCO, Madrid, Spain. 2001, 2002.
– SPLITSKJ FILM FESTIVAL, Croatia 2001
– FILE01, Sao Paulo, Brasil. 2001
– FIFI, festival du film de l’internet, Lille, France. 2001
– Seoul Net film festival, Seoul, Korea. 2001
– FIB, Festival Internaccional de Benicassim, Spain. 2000
– EMAF, European Media Art Festival, Oesnabrock, Germany. 2001
– VIPER, Basel, Switzerland, 2001
– ARTISSIMA, Torino, Italy, 2001
– Experimenta, Torino, Italy, 2001
– Barbizon Digital Art Festival, Paris, France 2002
More than 1million people have visited the island. Is part of a permanent collection at CITIA museum, Annecy, France.